Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Poem: Thou Art with Me Indeed O'Lord

Father, you formed me and gave me a home in my mothers stomach
And later, you called me by my name, & I arose from my slumber
You set me apart from friends who spat venom like deadly snakes
And gave me a new name, a name above the rest.

I saw your works; I witnessed your good deeds
You always had my back, even in time of need
I never understood why you inflicted so much pain in my life
But you do things accordingly if you saw it was right.
Night flees like lightning at the arrival of your light
Tyrants tremble at the presence of your might
Kings fall at the sounding of your trumpets
And good sheppards arise when they hear your mighty voice.
You told me never to despair even in times of turmoil and strife
Because you were with me and bringing me towards light.

Kingdoms have fallen, new cities are being built
But you remain the same, unaffected by time.
You told me to grab your hand so I won’t be led astray
You showed me that home is just a few good deeds away
You sacrificed your love so that my sins could be washed away
I have no reason to doubt you; you have always held my hand
And you took your precious time, to correct my deeds.
Although I have been shot by hurtful words, & I still fill the pain
You never left my heart, and you kissed the pain away.

Thank you for the gift of life that you have given me
Even though it can be easily blown out in the blink of an eye
You have always protected it as if it were your own
Just as the seas are great in depth
Just as the sun never stops shining
That’s how I view my love for you.

By Mbuso Faya

No comments: