Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Poem: Change is the Distance to Immortality

Immortality is my genesis.
For I once existed in divine consciousness, as divine thought
There my being was formed
There my redemptive purpose was established
There my competences were configured.

I entered the land of mortality
And I have walked in this body of weakness, pain and evil desires.
And yet my submission to the laws of the Christos,
Has served to empower me against carnality.

I daily am working out my salvation,
In order to have my soul redeemed.

As I yield to the principles and protocols of the Christ,
I am morphing into a new being.
My consciousness is slowly surpassing the order of mortality.
Soon, mortality will not be able to contain me,
As in the case of my brother Enoch.

My brothers, my sisters –
I have measured the distance…
between this mortal land and the land of immortality
The distance is not in miles,
So that I can get the fastest machine to get me there.
But I am already wrapped up in immortality,
For in Him we live and have our being.

The distance to immortality is change.
So as I submit daily together with you - my brothers and sisters,
To the principles of the Christ.
I am decreasing the gap between myself and immortality.
As I work out my salvation with fear and trembling,
I am coming closer to perfection.

So whether I am reach or poor, young or old, male or female, black or white –
I have the power to walk the path to immortality,
Through my daily obedience.

And the scriptures declare, that not all of us will die,
But we will all be changed, in a twinkle of an eye.
The immortal will overshadow the mortal,
And so shall we be with the Lord forever.

My brothers, my sisters,
Change – is the distance to immortality.

By Robert Ntuli.

No comments: